Thursday, July 13, 2006

Are you "Dotting"?

I came across Bluedot sometime back and I think it's a really good site. Of course, I was blissfully unaware of the concept of Web 2.0 and the other "Social Networking" and "Bookmarking" revolution that was going on. I immidiately got hooked to Bluedot as I love to surf the Internet quite a lot and it is usually difficult to keep track of all the pages you have visited or would like to visit, this becomes more difficult when you're not focused on a specific topic but rather an interrelated group of topics. Bluedot (and many more sites) provides excellent features to store your bookmarks online so that there's no hassle of importing/exporting or managing bookmarks. The site also provides the facility to tag your bookmarks and provide a short description, a rating and a picture for the link.
You can also see what other people are dotting and can search the site for a specific tag such as books or podcast. But the claims of Bluedot which state them as a Social Networking site fall well short in my evaluation. I like everything about Bluedot but consider it strictly as a bookmarking service. Here's what it looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment